Charity foundation Podari Zhizn
About the Foundation
Charity foundation Podari Zhizn helps children, adolescents and young adults up to the age of 25 suffering from various forms of cancer, serious blood disorders and some other life-threatening diseases.
The foundation was created on November 26, 2006, by Russian movie and theatre stars Dina Korzun and Chulpan Khamatova. The team of the foundation mostly included active and longstanding volunteers: people who had visited children at hospitals, raised money, found blood donors, written articles and shot films about the ill children. At some moment it became clear that a small group of like-minded people was not enough for efficient assistance. And the foundation was created. Since then, thousands of people have responded and are still responding to our requests. Only together we can help.
Our foundation helps doctors treat their patients, helps children go through their treatment, and helps parents take care of their children. Medications, equipment, medical consumables, diagnostic examinations, laboratory tests, train and flight tickets, food, clothes, lodging – all of these cost money and necessitate constant fundraising.
Our tasks are as follows:
- To raise money for the treatment and rehabilitation of children with cancer and serious blood diseases
- To help the oncology and haematology hospitals that treat children and young adults
- To raise the public awareness of problems faced by seriously ill children
- To promote the voluntary unpaid blood donor movement
- To provide social and psychological aid to the ill children
- To develop the work of volunteer groups at medical centres dealing with paediatric oncohaematology.
Podari Zhizn regularly helps seven hospitals in the Moscow region:
- Dmitry Rogachev Centre for Paediatric Haematology, Oncology and Immunology
- Russian Children’s Clinical Hospital
- Morozov Children’s Municipal Clinical Hospital
- Moscow Regional Oncology Centre
- Burdenko Institute of Neurosurgery
- Russian Scientific Centre of Roentgenoradiology
- Botkin Municipal Clinical Hospital.
We also collaborate with regional oncology centres. Since the creation of our foundation, we have helped over 30,000 children and young adults.
We have two sister charities in foreign countries. Gift of Life was founded in the United Kingdom in 2011, and Podari.Life is a US-based charity founded in 2015. Both have the same mission as Podari zhizn: to fight childhood cancer in Russia.